Thursday, January 12, 2012

The End is Near

Tomorrow I am quitting smoking. I have my patches that were sent to me from the North Dakota QuitNet service. I am both nervous and excited for this new step in my life. I have smoked for a very long time. I don't remember very much of my life without smoking. I started at a young age and it progressed into the ugly nasty habit it is today.

What I'm excited for:
  1. Smelling better
  2. Better breathing
  3. Better tastebuds
  4. Health
  5. Saving Money
  6. More time to do other things
What I'm nervous about:
  1. Withdrawal symptoms
  2. Gaining weight
Hmmmm, pros outweigh the cons a bit, huh? I hope I'll still be one of the cool kids... ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for taking this step! You and I have both struggled with this nasty habit over the year. I will tell you this, though. My weight gain was only about 3 pounds, it wasn't major. My biggest thing was finding something healthy to do with the break in my day; I used to smoke while I let the dog out to do his business, so I associated letting him out with having a smoke. Suddenly, there's that big gap of...okay, now what am I supposed to do? That was the hardest part; filling those old smoking gaps.

    Good luck, hon!

    ReplyDelete