Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sweet? Irresistably so? HA!


Apparently, I have Scarlett over at Confessions of a Shieldmaiden fooled. I have been honored with the Irresistibly Sweet blog award. Not many describe my blunt force of honesty as sweet, nor my opinionated and quirky personality, definitely not irresistibly sweet, at that. I could list several profane substitutions to the description, but instead I'll be honored to take it and keep the smile on my face.

In order to complete my acceptance, I have to list five guilty pleasures of mine... guess I'll need to narrow down the field, huh? Next I have to pass this award on to three other Irresistibly Sweet Bloggers. That one may be hard as well, I haven't been in the blog world long, so I'll do my best... I promise.

Guilty Pleasure #1: Music. Oh my ever lasting affair with music. Ever since I remember, I've been jamming out to tunes. Whether it comes from a tape cassette, compact disc, mp3 player, radio, computer, my phone, or just the station in my head, I'm almost always jamming out to something. I'm a true believer in music effecting emotions and being able to help turn a good day better, or a bad day good. I am always searching for new artists to listen to and often go to many local shows to see the up and coming amateurs. I love music, I always will. I even changed my major in school to add Music Industry, ya know... just in case.

 Guilty Pleasure #2- Writing. I've kept a journal since I was about 8 or 9. I still have that old thing somewhere and have tried to keep all of them since. Granted lately I've been more into the blog world, there's something pure about still writing everything down on paper. I write whenever I can. There's always a journal and a notebook on me, because you never know when you're going to hear a great quote or get that good idea for a story or a poem. I love writing, it's my passion and I hope to get really good at it someday, until then, I will continue to practice.

Guilty Pleasure #3- Gaming. Now, I still remember when I played an Atari for the first time. I whooped Donkey Kong's arse and I was hooked. Through the years I have been privledged to be able to play on many systems, whether I was at an arcade or at a friend's house. I play everything. My computer is always being upgraded to support the games I play online and when I need to let out some aggression, nothing helps better than grabbing a controller and popping a game into the console or CD-ROM. I will also lump in RPG's here. Yes, I roleplay. I play on twitter and forums. I've also participated in live action games, granted I haven't done that for awhile. Along with this, board games. I love board games. From cards to Trivia Pursuit to Candyland and Sorry. I love all types of games and they will always be my guilty pleasure.

Guilty Pleasure #4- Boy Meets World. I have been watching this show forever! I quote it all the time and I just can't help loving every re-run. I followed Corey and Topanga in all their flirting, break-ups and make-ups. I have every episode on my lap top and I am just in love with this show. "I married a moose, we don't need counseling" -Eric "Plays With Squirrels" Matthews. :D
Guilty Pleasure #5- Literature. I'm studying it for a profession and it's definitely a big guilty pleasure. When I have the chance to toss a text book aside and hide from the chaos that is my constant every day life, I usually can be found curled up with a book. I dream of having my own library someday. I also collect old books when I can, I love the vintage look of an old classic on my shelf.

Whew. That was a hard task to complete. Now onto the next one... naming 3 more irresistibly sweet bloggers.

1. Natasha over at The Heroine's Domain. I've had the pleasure of getting to know Natasha a lot better over the last year and she is most definitely irresistibly sweet. A fellow writer and vegetarian, her blog is filled with great reads, good advice, inspiring advice, and little geek world updates. I look forward to her posts every week.

2. Jen from Life is Good in the Land of Jen. We've only met once, but we've talked on twitter a ton. Jen is an awesome person and I enjoy the smile her blog posts and tweets bring to my face. I hope I get to move out to Washington and get to know her better.

3. Laura at Talking Muffins, she hasn't been around for a little bit but she's a good writer. From her you're sure to get good news on the pharmacy world and lots of good reads. Also, if you're obsessed with shoes... she probably has more, no kidding. We have never had the pleasure of meeting and we're polar opposites, but we have a connection that is unstoppable. I rarely go a day without talking to her at least once. Also, spam her and tell her to go to school at NDSU. :)

Thanks again for the award! I hope to continue diving deeper into the blog world and living up to this award some day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Thanks Kitten! Now I am have something to blog about when I have time this week. I'm excited. I love your list. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahaha. i love everything about this. seriously. especially the boy meets world stuff. "mr. matthews?" "plays with." "eric?" "squirrels."

    ReplyDelete