Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 Hopes and Dreams

"I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take.
But since I came here,
Felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake"
-Yeal Naim

It's a brand new year and hopefully by the end of it, a brand new me. I haven't been writing much lately and I feel really bad for it. I don't know if it was the holidays, school, work, or just my own unmotivated depression, but I just have not been sitting down and doing what I promised myself I would work more on. So far in the past week, I've been able to catch up on some sites and a few other projects. I'm sorry I've neglected my blog, I'm changing that I PROMISE.

Alright, now on to the hard part... resolutions. These are all necessary and I believe if I can achieve even half of them, I will be better for it.
  1. Go to class and STUDY!-  I know that this should be a given, right? I'm paying for college and I'm already late in the game. I shouldn't be making stupid mistakes like sleeping in or just skipping class. Truth is, this last semester I was not on my game in the very least. I didn't give my all and that really reflected in my grades. I need to go to class everyday and study for the tests. I need to give my all in school, this is my future and in return, the future of my children. 
  2. Convert to a vegan lifestyle- This past year I was a vegetarian for 4 months, I felt healthier and I even lost some weight. I slipped back into my old ways during vacation and never got back into it. So this year, it's all or nothing. I am moving on to being healthier and yes, it's about the animals and the environment, too.
  3. Go Green- I have set up the house to start recycling. I don't live in a house, so it's a little more difficult to get everything out but, it's not an excuse. I am sick of taking the trash out everyday and I know that a family of 5 recycling, makes a difference. Along with going vegan, I will also be purchasing environment friendly products or making my own. It's going to be a transition and it will take some getting used to, but I think as a family we will be able to lessen our impact on the enviorment.
  4. Pay bills on time and follow budget- I know, it's another no brainer but, what can I say? I'm a bit irresponsible with money and have dug myself a little hole because of it. I want to grow up before I'm 30 and have mountains of debt that my kids will still be paying off when I die. I have a budget set up now and my accountant of a mother will be helping me stick to it, here's to hoping I can.
  5. Exercise 4 times a week- This just needs to be done. I'm overweight and it's bad for my self-esteem and my health. I want to lose 60 pounds by the end of the year and I hope I can.
  6. Write a novel- Whether it's a scrapper or just a portion of it. I want to really get into my creative side and start writing something more than just fan fictions or poems. 
  7. Blog twice a week- I need to keep this updated, I think it will not only help me personally but it will let my writing take off as well.
  8. Quit Smoking- I need to do it, it's a burden in my life and it's yet another thing that is making me unhealthy. So, before the end of this year I want to rid myself of this vice.
  9. Be clutter free- I have too much of it in my house, I'm going to get rid of it all before we move at the end of May and I want to start fresh. My home should be my sanctuary and I am determined to make it that way.
  10. Rigorous Honesty- That's right, no more white lies or stupid stories that aren't true just to make myself look better. I don't need to do it and no one needs to hear it. I think it will help me with my fear of confrontation as well. So, don't ask me a question you don't want the honest answer to.
There you have it. My list of resolutions. I am determined, now let's hope I don't lose that in the following months. So far, this is my first blog post of the week. I'm sick, so I haven't worked out yet this week but hopefully tomorrow I will feel more up to the challenge. I have made all vegan meals since Monday. Unfortunately, the two blizzards that left us stranded inside prevented me from getting the ingredients earlier. I was able to say goodbye to all of my greasy and yucky eating habits though, and I'm on the road to becoming a new, healthier and hopefully, better me. Make sure to check out Good Kitchen Magic to see Scarlett and my adventures in cooking and also going vegan. Much love and I hope 2011 brings good things for you all.

1 comment:

  1. Hon, I am so proud of you for making these decisions, and you know I'll support you every step of the way! ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete