Thursday, June 17, 2010

Eating and buying healthy

I have to say, while walking into the supermarket after work today, it was hard to overlook the normal buys of food filled with corn starch and syrup and hormones. I resisted and made my way to my first stop, organic vegetables. I picked up some celery hearts and apples and headed to get diapers. I looked at the organic diapers for a moment, debating upon them and pampers. I still went with Pampers Cruisers Dry Max Diapers, Economy Plus, Size 5 (27+ Lbs), 124 Diapers, It has taken me 3 children and many brands to find which one works, for Liam this is all that will keep him dry and I fear I will be wasting more water washing the soiled clothes and sheets that will amount if I get anything different.

After the diapers it was on to the organics section of Cash Wise. They have always had a decent size section and they have good sales usually as well. I picked up some Soymilk, Plain, Aseptic, Organic, 32 oz., in a two pack. It was near $7.00. Knowing I would be the only one in the house to drink it, I knew that was worth it. I then grabbed some Kashi Golean Cereal, 14.1-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6), of course it wasn't the pack of six but it was rather 3 different boxes at 4 dollars a box. I picked up Annie's Homegrown Totally Natural Shells & Real Aged Cheddar Mac & Cheese, 6-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12) and Annie's Homegrown Classic Macaroni & Cheese, 6-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12), for lunches. I'm hoping it tastes better than the off brand we normally buy. I grabbed some  Cass Clay 1% milk for Kevin and Liam and then went to the check out. It cost 74 dollars all together and I felt good. I walked out of the store with my reusable totes full, and I felt like I was actually making a change for once. Now to stick to it. Monday is the official day of my start, I will buy only good food for me and my family and research good recipes to cook for them.

I was able to talk to a friend on the phone on the way home and I thoroughly had a good day. Now I shall go to bed because I need to be up early to get Liam ready to go to Lindsey's house while I go set up for the Carrie Underwood concert. Then I HAVE to get some homework done. I don't know if I'll be sticking around to go to the concert yet, I might but I don't know. I may pack a lunch and bring my homework along and just hang out until show time depending when I get done setting up. So, with that, good night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment